Thursday 5 July 2007

geodomain-prices

http://www.conceptualist.com/?p=280
[[.....]]
Rick Schwartz On Selling
Published July 5, 2007 in Domain Names.
[[.....]]

Steve Morsa
Jul 5th, 2007 at 10:53 am

Sahar,
Two quick personal examples I can give that also supports not selling unless you’ve got somewhere even better to put the proceeds to work:

A couple of years ago,
I had
a variable (1-3 year term w/increasing yearly strike prices) lease-option agreement to sell
the prime geo domain for my own home Conejo Valley community, ConejoValley.com, for;
if you can believe this;
less than $20k
(which I thought would be a great 2 year return since I’d picked it up on a hand reg for $25 or so).

Today; after watching sales like
[-] Branson.com going for $1 million and
[-] the owners of PalmSprings.com turning down a reported $5 mill for their operating site domain name,
I wouldn’t today let ConejoValley.com go for less than $250k
…and am thinking now of developing it myself, in which case I probably wouldn’t sell it at (most) any price.

[[.....]]

No comments: